District 6890 includes: Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Polk
Introducing the Short-Term Exchange Program (STEP):
- Family-to-Family exchange
- You travel to a family overseas for approximately 4 weeks and then your new host brother/sister flies home with you and spends about 4 weeks in your home (or visa-versa).
- The Youth Exchange Program is for students between the ages of 15-19.
- You will be matched by same gender and similar interests.
Host an Exchange Student:
- You can have an exchange experience without leaving your own home by hosting an international student for 3-4 months.
- Primary requirement is a willingness to open your heart and home to an exchange student and accept him/her as your own.
- As a host family, your responsibility is to provide room, board and a welcoming environment to your exchange student.
- Family makeup is less important than a desire to host: families with kids, without kids, empty-nesters and single parents have made successful host families.
- Your student's stay is supervised by the sponsoring Rotary club and receives a monthly stipend, so you are not expected to provide spending money.
- Host families are fully vetted and undergo training.
- Give a little, gain a lot!
If you are interested in the STEP, Long-Term Scholarship Program or becoming a Host Family, please complete and submit the Information Request form. You will be contacted shortly.
Be part of an adventure...