For Class of 2018-2019 Rotary Youth Exchange (RYE) Scholarship Program Applicants:
1. Study and learn about Rotary Youth Exchange with your parents on this website.
2. Attend a RYE Information Meeting
Information Meeting Dates and Registration
- You and your parent/guardian(s) are required to attend one information meeting to be eligible to apply for the 2018-2019 RYE Scholarship Program.
- Only those registered will be notified of any meeting changes/cancellations.
- Attendance at a RYE Information Meeting does not imply any obligation on the part of the student or family.
- All meetings are free and open to the public.
3. Submit an online request for a Home Interview
as soon as possible AFTER attending your RYE Information Meeting, but not later than October 13, 2017.
Request Home Interview
- You will be assigned a Sponsoring Rotary Club and a club member will contact you to schedule a home interview.
- The home interview must be completed by the sponsoring Rotary Club by October 27th.
4. Submit Part I of
RYE Scholarship Application online as soon as possible but not later than October 15th.
5. Part II of RYE application will be sent to you when Part I is received.
Submit Part II of
RYE Scholarship Application (including all required forms) as soon as possible but not later than 6 PM, November 1, 2017. The entire RYE Scholarship Application normally takes 2-3 weeks to complete, so start early!
6. Selected RYE Scholarship applicants will be invited to District 6970 RYE District Interviews in November. Applicants and their parents are strongly encouraged to “block” their calendars now for November 11th and 12th in anticipation of the interviews as these are the only dates when interviews will be conducted. Students will be assigned an interview date and time (either on Nov 11th or 12th). Anticipate the interview lasting 3 hours.
7. Attend the "Big Reveal" celebration on December 13, 2017 to discover your Host Country assignment.
8. Attend two 3-day weekends of RYE Florida Outbound Orientation Training (January 12-14, 2018 and in June 2018), plus several D6970 RYE cultural, language and training sessions to prepare you for your year abroad.
Rotary Youth Exchange District 6970
Phone: (904) 280-8933