For Class of 2020-2021 Rotary Youth Exchange (RYE) Scholarship Program Applicants:
1. Study and learn about Rotary Youth Exchange with your parents on this website.
2. Sign up for and attend a Rotary Youth Exchange Information Meeting
Information Meeting Dates and Registration
- You and your parent/guardian(s) are required to attend one information meeting to be eligible to apply for the 2020-2021 RYE Scholarship Program.
- Only those signed up will be notified of any meeting changes/cancellations.
3. Submit Part I of
Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship Application
by October 15, 2019
Once submitted, you can edit your application prior to October 15 deadline. Part I of application must be entirely filled out and submitted by deadline to be considered for Part II of the application process.
All applications are available in fillable format and must be submitted electronically.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED FOR THE 2020-21 YEAR
Welcome back to apply August 2020
4. Pay Application fee online (non refundable) Due No later than October 10, 2019.
Pay Application Fee
5. Submit an online request for a Home Interview No later than October 10, 2019.
as soon as possible AFTER attending your RYE Information Meeting,
and AFTER you paid the application fee,
after you filled out the Application.
no later than October 10, 2019.
Request Home Interview
- You will be assigned a Sponsoring Rotary Club and a club member will contact you to schedule a home interview.
- The home interview must be completed by the sponsoring Rotary Club by October 27th.
- •You and at least one  parent must be present for home interview.
6. Submit Part II of
RYE Scholarship Application (including all required forms) as soon as possible but not later than 6 PM, November 1, 2019. The entire RYE Scholarship Application normally takes 2-3 weeks to complete, so start early!
(Part II of the RYE application will be sent to you when you completed Part I.)
7. Submit Part II of RYE Scholarship Application (including all required forms) as soon as possible, but not later than 6 PM, November 1, 2019. The entire RYE Scholarship Application normally takes 2-3 weeks to complete, so start early!
• Part II of the RYE application will be sent to you when you’ve completed Part I.
• Applications are in electronic fillable format and typed versions preferred.
• All document uploads must be legible and full page 8.5”x11” PDF. Do not upload jpgs.
• All signatures MUST be in BLUE ink.
• Only electronically submitted applications are accepted.
• If you do not have access to a scanner, we recommend using one of the many free scanner apps available on your smart phone to upload your documents in legible PDF format.
8. Selected RYE Scholarship applicants will be invited to District 6970 RYE District Interviews Saturday November 9 or Sunday, November 10, 2019. These are the only dates when interviews are conducted. Each applicant will be assigned a specific date/time and at least 1 parent must attend along with applicant.
9. Attend the "Big Reveal" celebration in December to discover your Host Country assignment.
10. Attend two mandatory 3-day weekends of RYE Florida Outbound Orientation Training (January 10-12, 2020 and in June 12-14, 2020), plus several D6970 RYE cultural, language and training sessions to prepare you for your year abroad.