Eliot, Outbound to Thailand

I just got back from my second trip. It was truly an amazing experience, not only did I get to see many of my friends again but the trip in and of itself was truly spectacular. This journal is going to be more about my second trip then my feelings on being in Thailand, so if you are reading to know what I think about Thailand then maybe this is not the journal you should read. So, all the exchange students met up at Bangkok the first day. Then the next day we woke up early and it was cold, for Thailand at least. We stopped for breakfast, and then around 8 am we arrived at the base camp of Phu Kradueng. Going up the mountain was a 5 kilometer climb and then, once at the top it is a 3 kilometer walk to the base camp. It took me around 3 hours to make the climb and I was exhausted. I was so tired from the climb when I arrived I took a nap right on the grass. The next day me and about half of the exchange students walked 10 kilometers to see some amazing cliffs, and then we walked all the way back. At this point my legs were completely dead and the worst part was knowing I had to climb down. The fourth day we all hiked down and I was so sore. Then we switched buses and headed to Maha Sarakarm. We had a Christmas party there, even though it was the 26th. The reason for this was no one was willing to carry all the presents up the mountain, so we did it the night we got back. We all had someone who we needed to get a gift for, and I really enjoyed it. The next day we traveled to the biggest elephant village in the world, but it was sad, because we could see how baldy they treated the elephants. Then we went to the Aranya Prathet/ Poipet crossing market, where we look through the shops. We got to the hotel right near the border of Cambodia. Then, we crossed over the border and headed to Siam-Reab Cambodia. The next day, we saw the amazing temples of Angkor Complex. I felt so lucky to be able to see one of the wonders of the world. It was breath taking to see what the people could build during the 12th century AD. Then we went back to the hotel and slept. The next day we spent most of the day traveling to Pattaya, and waiting at the border crossing. Once we got to Pattaya it was New Years, and we had a little Rotary celebration. Then the last day of the trip, we went to a huge water park. It was fun, and it reminded me of the water parks in Orlando. The next day we all went back home, and for me that meant a 16-hour ride back to Nakkon Si Thammarat, where I arrived at 4 in the morning.

Click HERE to read more about Eliot and all his blogs