Student arrival check-in: Friday 3-5 pm
Weekend concludes Sunday 1 pm
This weekend is MANDATORY for all inbound students.
Lake Yale Conference Center Website
At Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center, located just outside of Leesburg, about an hour north of Orlando.
Your host district is responsible for coordinating transportation. If you are not sure yet how you are getting to and from orientation, contact your District Youth Exchange Chairperson.
What to Bring?
There is no cost to you for this weekend. You will be provided with meals, a bed, linens, towels, and a pillow.
You should be sure to bring the following items:
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc.
- Casual clothes – do NOT bring your Rotary blazer.
- Sneakers or tennis shoes – flip-flops are OK too, but you may need sneakers for some activities
- Swimsuit - if the weather cooperates, there will be time for swimming
- Sunscreen and bug spray – after all, this is Florida.
- Your camera, of course.
- Your business cards and pins to trade, if you like.
- IMPORTANT: Your official documentation for us to validate – this means.
your passport all related forms (DS-2019 etc.)
your airline tickets or printed itinerary with return flight information.
Do not forget to bring these documents with you!
- ALSO IMPORTANT:Your Rotary ID card and your insurance ID card.
If you have any questions about the orientation, please check with your District YE Chairperson.
We all look forward to seeing you at Lake Yale on Friday. And good luck in your first days at High School.
Check CALENDAR for current year's dates.